Monday, November 21, 2011

LuckePenny


On a lighter note, what have I been up to?


Disclaimer: I emailed a few of you already about this new endeavor… so it might sound familiar :)



Well to keep it simple, I decided to start a shop on Etsy – LuckePenny!  Taylor suggested that I “settle-in” before the stresses of job hunting take over. However, if you know me at all, then you know I am very quick to unpack and settle-in. You probably also know that when I’m sitting, I’m crafting. All this to say I decided to engage Etsy for a bit…

I’m just now getting started and have only told a handful of people about this endeavor. Frankly, my confidence lacks a bold voice sometimes; but I am ready to face my fear in order to do what I enjoy doing most – making gifts!
I chose to pursue burp cloths, bibs and headbands. Most of my friends and family are in this “baby stage” and I wanted to join in on the fun. Also, if all else fails I have nice homemade gifts to give away :) My shop is not yet complete, as I still have headbands to upload and more bibs to make! (I hope to be doing this soon.) 
Also, I came to the conclusion LuckePenny can’t be a shop if no one knows about it. So please take a look, tell your friends and if you’re on Etsy, please add me in your circle, or maybe even favorites ;) 
To be a little more personal about LuckePenny I have to say this new venture has brought joy into my daily life. It has also provided exposer of my character, challenging me in ways I never expected.

I am learning…
to work within my capabilities
to not outdo myself with big ideas or expensive fabric
to become more confident at being vulnerable (thanks blog!)
to enjoy what I'm doing even if I’m at home
to manage my time well
to remember to stop sewing when there’s a greater need at hand!





These are all personal quirks and maybe too much to share for this blog but these are things I am learning and developing despite my personality. I truly have enjoyed every moment of this project and have seen a new side of me come out while attempting Etsy. 

Needless to say, I hope Etsy is something I can do for a bit. If it doesn’t work out – I’ll get a job and probably never stop sewing when I have free time :)

So, I’m not sure where LuckePenny will end up but that’s the exciting part... right!?

Click to view my shop LuckePenny

Happy Thanksgiving!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment